- Agatsu Upper Body Mobility & Movement Certification Level 1, 2016
- Agatsu Kettlebell Certification Level 1, 2015
- Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma, Mount Royal University, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Calgary, 2006
- Minor in Management & Society, University of Calgary, 2006
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate
- CrossFit Endurance Trainer Certificate
- AFLCA Group Exercise Leader and Cycle Designation
How did you get into into CF/Coaching?
The human body is an amazing structure, it can be manipulated and altered in a variety of positive (and negative) ways. My job is to reintroduce people to what it's like to really move through metabolic conditioning, flexibility training, gymnastics, olympic lifting and strength training, together with multiple other modalities.
Through CrossFit, I have experienced stepping outside of my own comfort zone both physically and mentally, and even 5 years since starting CrossFit, I am still being challenged with new exercises and movements. My passion is to share these same experiences with others through a training environment filled with camaraderie, well-designed programming, and educated coaching.
I'm a bookworm at heart, if I could, I would stay in school forever. So don't be surprised to see me at the box, reading the latest strength and conditioning journal, jetting off to attend a seminar or workshop, or lugging around a textbook or two. Next stop is getting my Master's Degree in Sport Psychology and teaching at the collegiate level.
Favorite wod/movement :
Maybe it's the Russian in me, but I love my kettle-bells! Specifically, the turkish get-up and swing. Such a small object can be extremely versatile, and depending on the movement, can reveal weakness and areas of improvement in training that people never realized were there. My favorite WOD is The Chief.