What IS Massage Therapy?
Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body for the purpose of normalizing tissues and consists of manual techniques that include applying fixed or movable pressure, holding, and/or causing movement of or to the body.
Massage Therapy has firmly established its role as a clinically oriented health option used to relieve a variety of discomforts because it achieves undeniable results. Massage Therapy improves circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues. It relieves muscle tension and pain, increases flexibility and mobility, which reduces pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
What can Massage therapy Do For You?
- Reduce muscle tension, stiffness and spasms
- Improve flexibility and range of motion
- Promotion of deeper and easier breathing
- Improve circulation of blood and movement of lymphatic fluid
- Relief of tension-related conditions, such as headaches and eyestrain
- Promotion of faster healing of soft tissue injuries, such as pulled muscles and sprained ligaments, and reduction in pain and swelling related to such injuries
- Reduction in the formation of excessive scar tissue following soft tissue injuries
- Enhancement in the health and nourishment of skin
- Relief of stress, aide of relaxation, and reduction in levels of anxiety while increasing awareness of the mind-body connection
There are many conditions that Massage Therapy can help with.
Some examples are:
Back & Neck Pain
Inflammatory Conditions (Arthritis, Bursitis)
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
30 min Massage - $55
60 min Massage - $95
90 min Massage - $125
*Official receipts will be given. The cost of massage therapy is covered by many employee benefit programs. Please check with your benefits administrator.