I’ve been on the move my whole life so it was only natural that I took to practicing yoga. Yoga helps me calm my mind, relax my ever-tight muscles, and more recently has been the most successful way of helping me keep my back issues in check. I discovered Crossfit 3 years ago and I haven’t looked back since. I absolutely love Crossfit and how it works in combination with Yoga.
My background is in outdoor guiding, and my current day job is as an Outdoor Pursuits Facilitator working with adults with developmental disabilities. My passion in life is to help people become more active and to spend more time in the outdoors. Although I am not a teacher in a classical sense, I am an educator and life long learner, finding great satisfaction in teaching yoga and other sport activities.
I love most things active (pass on indoor swimming and volleyball) and all things outdoors, so in my spare time you can usually find me out hiking in the mountains with my dog!
Recreation Based Certifications
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Currently working towards 300 hour Yoga Teacher Training
- Rocky Mountain Adventure Medicine Wilderness First Aid (40 hours)
- Outdoor Council of Canada Field Leader
- Adaptive Crossfit Coaches Seminar
- Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of BC Day Guide
- CASI Level 1 Snowboard Instructor
- Canadian Recreational Canoeing Association Level 3 Certificate
- HIGH FIVE Sport Training for Coaches
- Adventure Tourism Certificate
- Tourism Diploma
- Project Management Certificate