Physical Fitness Education
- Concept 2 Rowing Instructor, 2016
- Crossroads Alliance Adaptive CrossFit Coach, 2016
- Agatsu Upper Body Mobility & Movement Certificate Level 1, Mar 2016
- Agatsu Kettlebell Certificate Level 1, Nov 2015
- Norcal Movement Method Seminar- Aug 15-17, 2014 NorCal Strength and Conditioning Chico,CA
- CrossFit Kids- Feb 8/9, 2014 Ramona, California
- CrossFit Level 2- Nov 13, 2012
- CrossFit Mobility- Aug 26, 2012
- CrossFit Gymnastics- Jan 8, 2012
- CrossFit Level 1- May 29, 2011
- YMCA Fitness Specialty Certificate in Aquafit- Feb 5, 2001
- Keiser Cycling Power Pacing Certification- Nov 25, 2000
- YMCA Fitness Leadership Training-Apr 22, 2000
- Bachelor of Human Science (2013) - Athabasca University, graduated with Honors
- Emergency Medical Technologist-Paramedic (2005) - SAIT, graduated with Honors
- Journeyman Red Seal Chef (1998)- Humber College, graduated with Honors
How did you get into into CF/Coaching?
I started teaching fitness classes at the YMCA in 2000 as a way to keep me motivated. Soon after starting to teach class, I realized that there was much more to it. Helping people to achieve their fitness goals and watching them progress is what kept me hooked. When I started CrossFit in 2010, the sense of community within the gym was something I never experience in any of the other places I had worked out in or taught classes in. This sense of belonging and support was exactly what I needed as an athlete and as a coach. CrossFit allowed me to excel at the things I liked (lifting heavy thingas) and forced me to work on the things I needed improvement in (endurance). I liked being in a place where it was cool to be strong as a woman!
Favorite WOD: Grace or anything with Heavy Lifting
Favorite Food: 90% dark Chocolate
When away from the gym you can often find me in the garden. I love growing heritage vegetables and then eating them of course. Digging in the dirt is my way of getting away from it all and reconnecting with the earth.